We are in the season of Easter sweet breads!
The weather is a warm, pleasant and euphoric from the upcoming summer. Till these days I was afraid to make a homemade ester sweet bread, knowing that this is the thesis of the bakers for graduation. But following the basic steps and rules, and operate on a trial - error, I`ll make it.
Just follow a few things for preparation:
- One of the main things is the room temperature to be high and warm – somebody follow the rule 'no open doors in the room "
- The eggs must be at room temperature
- Warm milk
- Work with fresh yeast, it is better than dry
- There is no such thing as to beat the dough 100 times in the table to become with "threads" - the secret is in the re-rising and thorough mixing
- Cover the bowl with a household foil and top with a towel, leave the dough in a warm place - I moved out of the sunny balcony:)
With a few words, there is nothing much to worry, the important thing is to spend more time and especially to be patient to wait for it to rise several times.
For the recipe, I`ve trusted to Eva Toneva - great master of sweet pastry and breads, delicious pies and cakes. When you find special recipes do not seem to look the other as it suits you to 100% and the probability of error is minimal. I followed the recipe once and get a superb, soft, fluffy sweet bread „with threads”. The products are for the average size of bread and my advise is that is better to prepare and double dose.
I use a pan with diameter =26 cm, standard cake pan with a hole in the middle for even baking.
So, spend a few quiet hours during Sunday afternoon and get started.
And you will have also time to watch and some old-fashioned love film between pauses.